Introduction of National Iranian Copper Industries Company
In the years 1276 to 1285 AH, a German expert named AFStahl crossed the source during the construction of the telegraph line from Sirjan to Rafsanjan. In his notes, he alluded to the existence of a copper mine. Later, in the years 1319 to 1321, Mr. George Ladam also confirmed the existence of Sarcheshmeh copper mine in his reports …
Sarcheshmeh copper mine was registered in 1328, but until 1346, practically no technical action was taken in connection with the exploration of the mine. In 1346, Kerman Copper Industries Joint Stock Company (KCI) was established and in December 1350, the Economic Council of the time declared Sarcheshmeh Copper Mine National, and in the same year, the law establishing Sarcheshmeh Copper Mines Joint Stock Company was approved. In 1351, a contract was concluded between Sarcheshmeh and Anakanda Copper Mines Joint Stock Company.
In 1973, Parsons Jordan was signed as a contractor for the construction of Sarcheshmeh copper complex factories. And on July 10, 1976, following the approval of the law establishing the National Iranian Copper Industries Company, Sarcheshmeh Copper Mines Company was renamed the National Iranian Copper Industries Company, according to which all activities of the country’s copper mines, including exploration, extraction, exploitation, production of full products Copper grade, smelting, refining and ancillary industries as well as production of copper by-products as well as distribution, domestic sale and export of copper are among the most important legal duties of the National Iranian Copper Industries Company.